Post Super Bowl Open Thread

I’m in mourning.  As a San Francisco native, when I rouse myself to be interested in football, I’m a Niners fan.  No fan happiness tonight.

Do you have anything that’s giving you some happiness about now?

Comments

Don’t be too sad, Book.  That was a classic game.

You couldn’t ask for a more dramatic moment.  First and goal for the 49ers with about 2 minutes left.
    - Almost no one can stop the 49ers when they have a first and goal on the 7
    - But almost no one can score touchdowns against the Ravens.  Yet another field goal.

And the Ravens just happened to win that particular battle of the unstoppable force vs the immovable object.

Both quarterbacks were very good.  Compelling, very interesting game!

2. Spartacus says

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

Aw, heck, you know?  How about electricity and indoor plumbing?  How did Rogers & Hammerstein miss those?

The good stuff.  Praise God.

3. JKB says

You are welcome, Sadie.

Here is a delightful interview with woman who makes her living in shooting competitions.  She’s an excellent spokesperson for the 2nd amendment

4. lee says

I didn’t view the linked video JKB provided us, but I did notice in the freeze frame of it that Fox News’s chyron writer has a problem with apostrophes: “FBI SAYS IT’S INVESTI…”

5. jj says

Actual playing time (time of actual athletic action): under 11 minutes.  But you sat there for four and half hours.  To accomplish 11 minutes.  Even taking out the ‘lights out’ period, you sat there for four hours.  For three hours and forty-eight minutes you just sat there, staring at… nothing.  People walking around.  Picking themselves up.  Spitting.  Scratching.  Running on the field.  Running off the field.  Jumping up and down going “booga, booga, booga – am I great or what?  Was that the most bestest tackle anybody ever seen?”  And other, similarly edifying, bits of performance art.  But damn little football: in over four hours, about 11 minutes of it.

6. JKB says

What would a national event be without some liberal whinefest.  Seems Code Pink and the other anti-Israel groups are upset at one of the Super Bowl advertisers, Soda Stream.
    legalinsurrection…not-watching-do-not-care/

But best of all, because of the fears of Pepsi and Coke, CBS banned Soda Stream’s original Super Bowl commercial. Be sure to click through to watch that one.  The ad that aired has 4,000+ views on Youtube.  The CBS banned ad, has 4,000,000+ views.  Both are rather good in my opinion.

Full disclosure: I did buy a Soda Stream and like it very much.  I feel better about what I thought was an expensive price knowing that the machines are manufactured in Israel.

Short on happiness news for ya, Bookworm, unless your thrilled with the idea of a $3.8 billion new “green” stadium.

David Crane, president and CEO of NRG Energy, said that “NRG is proud to partner with the San Francisco 49ers and the Santa Clara Stadium Authority in the pursuit of another milestone, the LEED certification of their new stadium.”
    NRG Energy has been a major recipient of the same controversial loan guarantees received by the now-bankrupt solar company Solyndra. NRG has received $3.8 billion in DOE loan guarantees — nearly 24 percent of the total loans granted under the Section 1705 loan program.