I meant to blog all day today, but I just ran from one fire to the other. I never put anything out. I just got the embers to smolder instead of blaze. I’ve been rocketing along since 5:30 this morning, trying to write for Mr. Conservative (we’re missing a person) and putting to bed my second demurrer of the week. Yikes! I’m terribly worried that the demurrer will contain references to Syria and that one of my Mr. Conservative posts will explain why a breach of contract action wasn’t pleaded correctly. I’m doing the writer’s equivalent of juggling burning clubs and knives. And just to make things a little bit more difficult, there’s something wrong with my internet connection. My download speeds are reminiscent of dial-up connections, circa 1994.
Since I’m clearly not going to write on my blog today, please consider this an Open Thread for the wee hours of tonight and the early hours tomorrow.
Also, I also forget that today is the day to vote on Watcher’s Council submissions. Rob, of JoshuaPundit, who is also our wonderful Watcher, was kind enough to send me a reminder, rather than just knocking me out of the running for voting late. Here’s what I’m speed-reading through and, as always, I can’t recommend these posts highly enough.
- The Political Commentator – Barack Obama: Foreign policy eunuch!
- The Noisy Room – A Shiny New War: At Home and Abroad
- Liberty’s Spirit – It’s September, so Its time to talk about schools failing boys…yet again
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Possibly the dopiest thing I read this week
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Syrian Strike
- The Mellow Jihadi – The Wonders of Ducky Duck
- Simply Jews – Ayo Kimathi and Department of Homeland Serenity
- The Razor – Leftists Disturbed By Reality
- The Glittering Eye -‘Splain Me
- Bookworm Room – Gender fantasies in Obama’s America
- VA Right! - RPV Chairman Pat Mullins Responds to ‘ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion in Virginia’ – A Susan Stimpson Email
- The Right Planet – The Syrian Quagmire: The Dangers of U.S. Involvement
- Nice Deb – Obama Taps Former ACORN Lobbyist To Head Obamacare Youth Video Contest
- Rhymes With Right – The GOP Needs To Consider The Governors In 2016
- Crazy Bald Guy – Enough with the remakes, already!
- Maggie’s Notebook – Ted Cruz: Justifiable Reasons to Use Military in Syria? How Committed To Democracy Are We?
- Ask Marion – Common Core = Commonly Controlled Failure = Education Nightmare
- The Pirate’s Cove – Mother’s Open Letter To Daughter Regarding Miley Cyrus Goes Viral
- Victor Davis Hanson -The Middle East – All Bad Choices submitted by The Political Commentator
- Mark Steyn – Obamacare’s Hierarchy of Privilege submitted by The Noisy Room
- Harold Rhode/PJ Media – US returning artifacts looted from Iraqi Jews to Iraq instead of lawful owners submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- The Commentator – Israel Boycotters: The Goose and the Golden Egg submitted by Joshuapundit
- The First Street Journal – 18th Century Technology: It isn’t just newspapers submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Center For Strategic & International Studies – How To Attack Syria submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- HMS Defiant –Injured Sprites Of The Apocalypse submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Christian Hate? – Ocean of light, ocean of darkness: Quakers and Islamist anti-Semitism submitted by Simply Jews
- Walter Russell Mead/WSJ –The Failed Grand Strategy in the Middle East submitted by The Razor
- Matthew Yglesias/Slate – Military Strikes Are an Extremely Expensive Way to Help Foreigners submitted by The Glittering Eye
- NewGeography-America Hanging In There Better than Rivals submitted by Bookworm Room
- Seacoast Online – Biden: Impeachment if Bush bombs Iran submitted by VA Right!
- The Burning Platform – Trying To Stay Sane In An Insane World Part 3 submitted by The Right Planet
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion -The Great Oberlin College Racism Hoax of 2013 submitted by Nice Deb
- Urban Grounds – Time to put an end to special privileges for government officials submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Thomas Sowell – A Poignant Anniversary submitted by The Watcher
- Sense Of Events – Why The Law Does Not Matter To Obama submitted by Watcher