Obama, the lying liar

One of the tropes at which I’ve hammered relentlessly since Obama first threw his hat into the presidential ring is that he’s completely and compulsively dishonest.  Here’s just a partial list of my posts making that point:

If there can be said to be an “Obama lies” train, I boarded it before it left the station.  No one can call me a Johnny-come-lately to this one.

That I saw what was happening from the beginning doesn’t mean that I’m not delighted when other people finally figure it out.  Sure, I’m a little perplexed by their slow learning curve, considering all the evidence before them for years now, but I still enjoy it when people see the light.  People like Merrill Matthews, for example, a contributor to Forbes:

I have come to the point that I cannot believe a thing President Obama says.  That’s not quite the same as saying I don’t believe anything he says.  When he speaks he may be telling the truth, he may not be, or he may be parsing his words to mislead.  But it’s impossible to know which is which?

Matthews then provides chapter and verse for myriad Obama lies.  Not all of them, of course, because that’s a book, or perhaps a five-volume series, not just an article.  Still, it makes for illuminating reading lest there be anyone out there who hasn’t yet realized that Obama is a narcissist who has only one truth:  “I, Barack Hussein Obama, am always correct and virtuous.”  Anything that does not protect this core ego identity must be shaped in a way so that, eventually, it does.

With respect to Syria, the president tells us there will be no U.S. boots on the ground.  Um, would that be like:

• Health insurance premiums for a family would be $2,500 lower by the end of his first term in office.  They were actually about $3,000 higher.
  • The Obama administration was not responsible for proposing the budget sequester idea.  Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward challenged this claim and forced the administration to backtrack.
  • Money from the nearly $800 billion stimulus package would be spent on “shovel-ready projects” and unemployment would drop to 5.3 percent by the end of his first term.  The president later conceded the projects weren’t as shovel ready as he had hoped and unemployment was 7.9 percent.
  • There was nothing Obama could do about Benghazi.  Subsequent revelations and congressional testimony have shown just how disengaged or disinterested the administration was.
  • The Justice Department told a judge that Fox News reporter James Rosen was a “co-conspirator” and a security threat?  The DOJ later apologized and tried to make amends with Washington reporters.
  • That Attorney General Eric Holder didn’t know about the Fast and Furious gun-running program?  Investigators have found documents confirming that he did have knowledge.

Please, read the rest here.

Comments

How come Obama is considered something special when everyone in the Leftist alliance lies about as much?

I mean, people point out weapons of mass deception usage by Obama as if it was something special just to him. Are people so unwilling to recognize that there are tens of millions of Americans just like him… living right in your neighborhoods?

Bill Clinton, too, is a pathological liar. Didn’t make a difference: “they” still adore him.
    It isn’t Obama that is the problem, it is the people who believe in him. We really do live in degenerate times of which the Old Testament warned.

3. Libby says

Obama is not even a particularly good liar. A lot of those healthcare lies were so obviously pulled out of thin air, such as the $50,000 evil surgeons were charging.He has so many ‘tells’, such as preceding a lie with, “as I’ve said before” or “let me be clear” (question: have the figured out who keeps not letting him be clear yet?)
    Even the planned ones (embedded in his speeches, website, etc.) seem to be intentionally bold – as if to say that he doesn’t respect the public (or the MSM, who should be calling him on it) to come up with something more subtle or convincing. More of that magical thinking that he can upend reality with mere words. Such as, if he says it’s not a tax, it’s not a tax, until he decides it is a tax, and then later it’s re-branded a “shared responsibility payment.”

Libby says:

Libby, I’m going to put on a hat just so I can tip it to you and then hand it to you.  ”shared responsibility payment” is the ultimate in Orwellian doublespeak!  Congratulations!

(I’m assuming you made the phrase up yourself.  No politician, no matter how unspeakably vile, would ever actually USE that phrase… would they?)

5. Libby says

Sadly, no, I did not come up with share responsibility payment: http://tinyurl.com/n76wfwl
    The Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) final rule on Obamacare’s individual mandate, released this week [week of 8/28/13], uses the term “Shared Responsibility Payment” more than 50 times to describe the mandate’s non-compliance penalty, which the Supreme Court in 2012 defined as a tax.

Words fail me.

What’s the difference between a government bureaucrat and an IRS bureaucrat?  Please circle the best answer:
    A. The word “IRS” is easier to spell than “gubmint”
    B. The IRS bureaucrat doesn’t waste your time by telling you “and I’m here to help”.
    C. The IRS bureaucrat can say the word “redistribution” without getting all giggly, warm, and happy inside, and he won’t feel the sudden need to rush to the toilet to urinate, either.
    D. The IRS bureaucrat will never use the word “investment” the way Obama does, to mean, “spend your tax dollars in ways I want to”.  The word “investment” already has a reality-based, real world meaning to him.
    E. All of the above

”We really do live in degenerate times of which the Old Testament warned.”

AND on cue …
    Via Chicago Sun-Times:

The U.S. attorney’s office in Springfield has been busy the past few years investigating a variety of fraud schemes involving state grants. Thirteen people have been charged so far, six who have pleaded guilty.
    Two of them have ties to President Barack Obama. One is the daughter of his controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Another was chief of staff to Obama’s longtime friend Eric E. Whitaker when Whitaker was Illinois’ public health chief.
    In all, prosecutors are alleging a total of $16 million in fraud involving state health or commerce department grants and contracts.