The British government has proposed stealth communism: all paychecks go to the government first, which then doles out to the wage earner whatever amount the government feels is the wage earner’s due. Think about it. As Pat Sajak wrote yesterday, withholding is bad enough, because it deprives the worker of a sense of ownership over that portion of the money he never sees. Nevertheless, under the withholding system, the employee at least gets some money which he owns. The British government, however, is proposing a system by which ownership of all wages lies with the government. You can dress that up as efficiency, as the Brits are trying to do, but it sure looks like communism to me.
Ashli Babbitt image by Stilton Jarlsberg
Brand New Subscription Sign-Up
- It’s easy to predict a leftist future — it’s always bad
- Democrats have a schizophrenic approach to a woman’s right to privacy
- Bookworm Beat 3/1/21: The Cuomo, COVID, and Coca-Cola illustrated edition
- President Trump’s CPAC speech open thread
- God and America (or God and civilization) are inextricably intertwined