I think I might have taken some steps that will speed up my computer’s operations and stop the slow-downs and crashes. I’ve also confirmed, as best as I can, that there’s no malware on the computer. If I’m correct about both of those things, it will be much easier, and certainly much less frustrating, for me to read and write about the world around me.
Meanwhile, I’ve got the latest winners from the Watcher’s Council. The following is the verbatim post from the Watcher’s site:
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“I don’t believe it is possible to transcend race in this country. Race is a factor in this society. The legacy of Jim Crow and slavery has not gone away. It is not an accident that African-Americans experience high crime rates, are poor, and have less wealth. It is a direct result of our racial history.” – Barack Obama,
““Barack Obama is like the old joke about boats. The two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.”– Howie Carr
“None of what Barack Obama is doing or wants to do to this country is anything the rest of the world hasn’t seen before and already failed at.”
– Rush Limbaugh
This week’s winning essay,Nice Deb’s –Sheriff Clark: After Obama, We’re Going To Need A “Period Of Reconstruction To Put The Country Back Together” Is her astute take on an interview with Sheriff David Clark of Milwaukee concerning race relations under President Obama. Here’s a slice:
Milwaukee Sheriff David Clark joined Megyn Kelly, Thursday night to discuss a new Fox poll that shows that 62% of voters believe race relations have gotten worse since Barack Obama became president.
Kelly asked the the clear-eyed, straight talking sheriff, “are they right?”
“Of course they’re right,” Clark answered without hesitation. “He built that…..remember that statement, ‘you didn’t build that’? Well, he built this racial divide, it was a wound that had been healing for a number of years – number of decades – and he reopened it with his divisive politics.”
He continued, “Obama has benefited from the divide and conquer strategy – it secured two successive electoral victories for the White House but it’s been very destructive for America.” He went on to ask a devastating question, “Who would have thought that after the election of first black president in the history of United States, that we would need a period of reconstruction to try to put this country back together?”
Clark claimed that instead of taking a neutral tone, Obama has habitually fanned the flames.
Megyn gave Clark an opportunity to give Obama a pass and put most of the blame on people with whom he surrounds himself, but Clark was having none of it.
“It’s a cabal of people,” he acknowledged. “But he’s at the top. When the president speaks, people listen and he has to choose his words carefully.”
Megyn, playing devils advocate, noted that Obama often acknowledges the sacrifices made by police.
Clark countered by saying that Obama likes to “throw a few bones out there” for law enforcement with “a wink and a nod” to the racial agitators. “People know what he’s doing,” the Sheriff declared.
More at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Kurt Schlichter Townhall withNothing Succeeds Like Liberal Secession submitted by The Razor . It’s a fascinating look at what things would be like in Blue America and Red America decided on a mutual peaceful parting of the ways, with a nice side order of Schlichter’s wry sense of humor.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes!Nice Deb – Sheriff Clark: After Obama, We’re Going To Need A “Period Of Reconstruction To Put The Country Back Together”
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit–Hanukkah, The Festival Of Lights And Freedom
- Third place with 1 2/3 vote –The Right Planet – Let’s Talk LEGAL Immigration, Shall We?
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Noisy Room – Boehner Betrays His Conservative Base by Passing the CRomnibus and ‘It Stinks to High Heaven’
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –VA Right! – Why Would the PEC Fight to Keep Easement Enforcement on Martha Boneta’s Farm?
- Fifth place with 1 vote –The Independent Sentinel – Did The Republicans Lose The Election?
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Simply Jews – Wayne Madsen does it again or How to be had gracefully
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote –Rhymes With Right – Harris County GOP Endorses Scott Turner For Texas Speaker Of The House
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Razor – Limousine Liberals and Faux Populists
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote –Bookworm Room – Some of America’s ugliest antisemitism comes from young Hollywood Jews (language warning)
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! –Kurt Schlichter –Nothing Succeeds Like Liberal Secession submitted by The Razor
- Second place with 2 votes –Mark Steyn–Emasculated and Enkindled submitted by The Noisy Room
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Shoebat.Com – Christian Man Asks Thirteen Gay Bakeries To Bake Him Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake, And Is Denied Service By All Of Them (WATCH THE SHOCKING VIDEO)submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Sultan Knish –The Savage Lands of Islam submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Lee Smith/The Weekly Standard – America in Retreat: The New Isolationism and the Coming World Disorder submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes –Sultan Knish–Life In Post truth America submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Will the New Center-Left Coalition Unseat Netanyahu? submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Sic Semper Tyrannus – The US must purge itself submitted by The Glittering Eye
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, andyou won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.