I’m very pleased once again to present the latest winners at the Watcher’s Council. As always, you’ll be depriving yourself of a great pleasure if you don’t read, not only the winning posts, but all the posts:
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.” – Booker T. Washington
“We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.” – Haile Selassie, Emperor of Ethiopia
“Bad schools, crime, drugs, high taxes, the social security mess, racism, the health care ? crisis? unemployment, welfare state dependency, illegitimacy, the gap between rich and poor. What do these issues have in common? Politicians, the media, and our so-called “leaders” lie to us about them. They lie about the cause. They lie about the effect. They lie about the solutions.”
– Larry Elder
This week’s winning essay,Puma By Design’s Black Lives Matter Hypocrites Oblivious to Epidemic of Black Violence, Genocide is a forceful eloquent takedown of the hypocrisy of the #Black Lives Matter movement. Here’s a slice:
Last Wednesday night, after returning from a birthday party, Jamyla Bolden, was sitting on her mother’s bed doing her homework when someone walked up to their house and fired five shots into the home killing 9 year old Jamyla and hitting her mother, Kendric Henderson, in the leg.
They also believe the shooter stood close to the front of the house and took aim through the bedroom window. There were five visible bullet holes on the exterior of the house: three in the screens of two windows with shattered glass behind them, and two more in the house’s aluminum siding….
‘When I turned her over I could see the blood coming out of her nose, but I didn’t know where she was shot at. I kept saying ‘I think she’s been shot, call 911,’ Henderson said.
Grieving the loss of a friend, one of Jamyla’s fourth grade classmates asked, “Why did she have to die.”
Where is the outrage?
Where is the Black Lives Matter movement?
HELLO? I CAN’T HEAR YOU, fake Black guy, Shaun King, DeRay McKesson, leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement!
Nothing, just CRICKETS.
The night after Jamyla’s ten-year-old brother witnessed the death of his sister; more than 150 people lead by Black Lives Matter took to the streets of Ferguson to protest the death of an armed black teenager shot and killed by two officers last Wednesday.
According to police reports, just two police officers were preparing to serve a warrant, two black teenagers, armed and in possession of crack cocaine made a run for it out the back door of the home.
The officers pursued the teens and after being ordered to stop, 18-year-old Mansur Ball-Bey (above) refused to drop his gun when ordered to do so, may have even pointed the firearm at the officers and it was a wrap.
Ball-Bey was fatally wounded and pronounced dead at the scene while the second suspect, only identified as being in his mid to late teens, managed to escape, police said.
Police say they found a stolen gun and an extended magazine in Ball-Bey’s possession and that four guns and an unspecified quantity of crack cocaine were recovered at the scene. Several others inside the home were taken into custody without incident….
As usual, Ball-Bey’s death presented opportunity for those with a nefarious agenda and instantly became the next battle cry from Black Lives Matter to create abut chaos, riot, tear and burn down that, which has not yet been rebuilt after they incited last year’s riots that all but destroyed the city of Ferguson, Missouri.
There are elements in the Black community who will white wash an individual fundamentally transforming a thug into a martyr but depending on whom one asks, it has yet to be determined whether or Ball-Bey fits the bill.
According to Ball-Bey’s family, he was a good kid but the following video in which Ball-Bey, a gangster rapper, consorted with gang bangers, possessed guns and bought into the gangster mentality might imply otherwise. (Warning: Raw language)
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was The Federalist with The Hugo Awards: Why The #WaronNerds Is A War on Art submitted by The Noisy Room.
Here are this week’s full results. Nice Deb was unable to vote, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes!–Puma By Design – Black Lives Matter Hypocrites Oblivious to Epidemic of Black Violence, Genocide
- Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room – The collected (nit)wit and un(wisdom) of Bernie Sanders
- Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes – The Right Planet –Jurisdiction, Common Law and Birthright Citizenship
- Third place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Noisy Room – Ted Cruz: Rise Of The Evangelical & Constitutional Warrior
- Third place *t* with 2/3 votes –Don Surber – Astaire Way To Heaven
- Third place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Razor – American Imperialist Baby Killers Racially Profile and Attack Muslim
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 votes –The Independent Sentinel –Decorated Green Beret Discharged for Shoving an Afghan Child Rapist
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 votes –Nice Deb – Intel Ops: Hillary broke “So many” laws (Video)
- First place with 3 votes!–The Federalist –The Hugo Awards: Why The #WaronNerds Is A War on Art submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place with 2 votes –John Bolton/NRO – The Vienna Deal Sets up a Choice of Bad and Worse submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –Sultan Knish/NRO–Mohammed Was A Pig submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Andrew Bostom/PJ Media – Deal Partner? Read Khamenei’s Mainstream, Koranic Kampf Supporting Israel’s Annihilation submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Paul Pauker/American Thinker –The Morality of Mass Deportation submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Market Monetarist – The ‘dollar bloc’ was never an optimal currency area and now it is falling apartsubmitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Other McCain –War Against Human Nature: Radical Feminism’s Anti-Maternal Rage submitted byNice Deb
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Brendan Bordelon/NRO – Hillary Clinton’s Sycophantic Inner Circle submitted by Don Surber
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Z Man – Something’s happening here submitted by The Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Victor Davis Hanson –As the EPA and IRS Have Shown, with Big Government Comes Little Accountabilitysubmitted by The Independent Sentinel
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, andyou won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.