Last week, the Watcher’s Council website was savagely attacked by hackers. We’ve all taken it as a sort of perverse compliment, since we know the baddies (Leftists, Islamists, general idiots), prefer destruction to debate when it comes to scary ideas of freedom, morality and general human decency.
Terry Trippany, the Watcher’s Council webmaster (and my own webmaster, I might add), has worked heroically to get the website back up. He hasn’t quite fixed the cosmetic aspects, but he got the important part up and running, which is the substance. You can now go there to see which posts won in last week’s Watcher’s Council, or you can just look below. (By the way, I think this might be the record for most tied votes for third place.)
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Joshuapundit Helen Thomas,Jew Hatred And Its Polite Acceptance
- Second place with 1 1/3 votes – Wolf Howling – Turkey, Israel & Gaza, Take Two
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – Bookworm Room – In the presence of greatness : the Battle of Midway celebration
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – Snapped Shot – A Case of Complicit Cropping?
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey –This is Race to the Top?
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – The Provocateur – Tony Demasi and the Chicago Way
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor – The New Anti-Semitism Presents Tough Choices To American Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – I’m Waiting For The Outcry About A Politicized Curriculum
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Mere Rhetoric – Reuters Withdraws Cropped Anti-Israel Photos, Inserts Biased Anti-Israel Captions Instead
Non Council Winners
- First place with 3 2/3 votes! – Walter Russell Mead – Goo-Goo Genocidaires: The Blood Is Dripping From Their Hands Submitted on behalf of Wolf Howling
- Second place *t*with 1 1/3 votes – RabbiLIVE.com – Israel – The Jewel of Our People Submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Rubin Reports – Clash of perceptions : a picture is worth 10,000 academic theories Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 1 vote – The Volokh Conspiracy – More on Israeli Incompetence Submitted on behalf of Mere Rhetoric
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Elder of Ziyon – Proof that Gaza is too crowded Submitted by Snapped Shot
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Abu Muqawama – The State of COIN 2010 – Submitted by the Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Discriminations – Does Massive New “White Flight” Call For “Reverse Diversity”? Submitted by the Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Sandbox – Martin Kramer on the Middle East – Obama, Israel and American Jews Submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Pajamas TV – Obama At The Bat Submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – A Commonplace Blog – Chabon’s illusions Submitted by the Watcher