Watcher’s Council nominations for February 11, 2015
It’s time again for the weekly Watcher’s Council vote. Before I reprint the nominations post from the Watcher’s Council site, I also wanted to give you the heads up about this week’s forum (in which several council members look at whether journalism is dead), as well as the Council’s choice for “Weasel of the Week.”
And now — drum roll, please — this week’s nominations:
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week, Seraphic Secret, The Political Commentator, The Pirate’s Cove andThe People’s Cube earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – What This Video Of Jordanian F-16s Striking ISIS Tells Us Is Alarming And The Implications Regarding the US Are Troubling
- Simply Jews – Bibi does DC and some US Jews get their panties in a bunch. Is there a case for that?
- Joshuapundit–The Burning Man And The Walking Dead
- The Independent Sentinel – King Abdullah, Warrior King, Barack Obama, Wimp King
- The Right Planet – Trolling the National Prayer Breakfast
- VA Right! – Handicapping the Virginia 12th District State Senate Race
- The Razor – Evidently Marijuana is Legal in NC Because These Reviewers Are High
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Strategic Patience
- Rhymes With Right – On Obama’s Prayer Breakfast Speech
- The Glittering Eye –Rauner’s First State of the State
- Nice Deb – The Regime Doubles Down: Kosher Deli Terror Attack in Paris Was Random-Not Anti-Semitic Attack
- Bookworm Room – The difference between the Muslim conquests and the Crusades, in a single pictur
- Ask Marion – Is the Taliban a Terrorist Group?–Brooke Goldstein & Andy McCarthy on the Kelly File
- Seraphic Secret – Obama’s “Whatever” Ideology In Action
- The Political Commentator – If Obama looks like a duck, walks like a duck…
- The Pirate’s Cove – Man With Largest Footprint In World Thinks “Climate Change” Bigger Threat Than Terrorism
- The People’s Cube – Leave Brian Williams Alone!
- Mark Steyn/NRO –The Glamor Of Evil submitted by The Noisy Room
- Harry’s Place – David Cameron and Muhammad Salah submitted bySimply Jews
- Mosaic – Obama’s Secret Iran Strategy submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish –Obama’s Big Fat Greek Budget submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Tim Powers/Conservative Read – An Open Letter To Those Who Are Indifferent To The Ongoing Destruction Of Our Republic submitted byThe Right Planet
- Daniel Pipes – About Those 14 “Muslim-American Leaders” Who Met with Obama submitted by VA Right!
- Walter Russell Mead –Why the White House Is Getting Lonelier on Iran submitted by The Razor
- Elliot Abrams/CFR – What the President Thinks He’s Doing submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Political Chicken – State Republican Executive Committee to Select New State GOP Chair March 7th submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Ed Morrissey/Hot Air – High horses and bull puckey: Professor Obama’s history lesson a dud submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Andrew Johnson/NRO – Obama Didn’t Just Lie about Opposing Gay Marriage; He Kept Citing His Faith While Doing It submitted by Nice Deb
- The Muslim Issue– Islamic India: The Biggest Holocaust in World History…Whitewashed from History Books submitted by Bookworm Room
- Dennis Prager – Obama’s Moral Idiocy submitted by The Watcher
- Ralph Peters – Islam’s Countless Slaves submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that!And don’t forget to tune in Friday for the results!