The leaves are changing colors in my neighborhood, but green leaves or red, the Watcher’s Council marches on. You can check out last week’s winners, as well as this past Sunday’s forum on dream vacations, which is a welcome respite from politics.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“Rape is not about sex, it’s about power and control” – Mark Steyn
“Sometimes the men would also exercise extreme physical and sexual violence on the girls and threaten them that should they ever seek to free themselves from the grasp of the group they and/or their families would suffer serious harm.
“The defendants took the girls to other places, usually hotels/guest houses or empty private dwellings, for other men to have sex with them, again often in groups and often in return for money which was paid to the men and not the girls”– Official SCR(serious case review)on UK Muslim sex grooming gangs.
“When a slave market is erected, which is a market in which are sold slaves and sex-slaves, which are called in the Qur’an by the name milk al-yamin, “that which your right hands possess” [Koran 4:24]. This is a verse from the Qur’an which is still in force, and has not been abrogated. The milk al-yamin are the sex-slaves. You go to the market, look at the sex-slave, and buy her. She becomes like your wife, (but) she doesn’t need a (marriage) contract or a divorce like a free woman, nor does she need a wali*. All scholars agree on this point—there is no disagreement from any of them. […] When I want a sex slave, I just go to the market and choose the woman I like and purchase her” – Prominent Egyptian Muslim scholar Sheikh Abu-Ishaq al-Huwayni
(a wali is woman’s male ‘guardian’ who would have to give consent to a marriage This isn’t a marriage, so it isn’t needed. The Qu’ran also says that when a married woman is captured in battle, her marriage is invalidated so it’s open season.)
This week, we had a tie in the Council Category between Joshuapundit’s–A Few Things About Hypocrisy, Politics And A Certain Mr.Khan… andBookworm Room’s – With Islam it’s always about sex .
My piece was an in depth look at the Khan game the Democrats used at their convention, the sheer hypocrisy involved and some interesting facts about Mr. Khan’s preference for sharia over the Constitution, his connections to the Clinton Foundation and finally, how he makes his living. On the other hand, Bookworm’s fine piece on Islam and women and its larger implications for society was, I thought, far better. So she gets the gold this week. Here’s a slice:
Not long after 9/11, one of the smartest men I know told me that, when it comes to Islam’s battle with the West, “it’s all about control over women and access to sex.” That’s a simplification for an existential war that involves fundamental beliefs, rather than mere land borders, but I think he’s on to something.
His insight is also part of the reason that the Left is having such trouble with Islam — because for the Left, it’s also all about sex and control. While Islam views citizen control as vesting sexual power in men and denying it to women, the Left views citizen control as vesting sexual power in the state and denying it to the traditional family and religious units that once advocated keeping sexuality within a Judeo-Christian context of heterosexual monogamy. (I’ve expanded on that topic atAmerican Thinker.)
Building upon the foundation of my friend’s insight, the events of the last 15 years have furthered my understanding of the fact that (a) the Islamist need to use sex as a means to control women and (b) the Leftist need to control everyone by using sex as the opiate of the people — and that while Islam understands and loathes the West, Leftists keep thinking Islam is just a different type of groovy. Three articles that popped up on my radar today help illustrate these ideas.
The first, this morning, was the news today about an Imam in England who said that one of the glories of Islam is that men get to keep sex slaves:
An Imam has told his congregation in Wales that war is approaching and Islam allows them to take women as slaves and rape them.
In the audio, Imam Hammuda is heard telling a group of young men: “One of the interpretations as to what this means is that towards the end of time there will be many wars like what we are seeing today, and because of these wars women will be taken as captives, as slaves, yeah, women will be taken as slaves.
“And then, her master has relations with her because this is permissible in Islam, it’s permissible to have relations with a woman who is your slave or your wife.”
More than 5,000 non-Muslim Yazidi women and girls were abducted by Islamic State in 2014. Many have been trafficked and traded on slave markets.
Surat An-Nisa, verse 24 of the Koran, reads: “And whoever among you cannot [find] the means to marry free, believing women, then [he may marry] from those whom your right hands possess of believing slave girls.”
We in the West shudder when we read that, but it is a very powerful message to young men, not just Muslim young men. After all, young men are all about sex. There are only two things that rein them in: fear of dominant males and social norms preventing them from acting on their sexual urges.
In the West, we’ve neutered our dominant males by insisting that masculinity is a toxic disease that must be destroyed (enter Pajama Boy, who’s handed all of his testosterone to TrigglyPuff). Also, while the West preaches the virtue of endless sexual gratification, the reality is that our average spotty male adolescents aren’t getting any of the good stuff.
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Dr. Rich Swier – Letter from a Blue Star Mother to the Muslim Gold Star father that spoke at the DNC submitted by Joshuapundit. It continues most eloquently the theme of my Council submission at the hands of a woman with a son serving in the field , and exposes the real issues involved perfectly. Do read it.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes!–Bookworm Room – With Islam it’s always about sex
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit–A Few Things About Hypocrisy, Politics And A Certain Mr.Khan…
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Razor – The Internet’s Designated Nazi Rule
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Glittering Eye –The View From the Trenches
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –VA Right! – WikiLeaks Emails: DNC Communications Director Luis Miranda Looking for a ‘F*ck You’ Emoji
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Stately McDaniel Manor – The Freddie Gray Case, Update 38: Destruction and Decontamination
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD –AirStation
- First place with 2 votes! –Dr. Rich Swier – Letter from a Blue Star Mother to the Muslim Gold Star father that spoke at the DNC submitted byJoshuapundit
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –Dennis Prager – Did #NeverTrumpers Hear Hillary Clinton’s Frightening Speech? submitted by The Watcher
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Sultan Knish –Stop Lone Wolf Terrorism By Ending Muslim Immigrationsubmitted by The Daley Gator
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Elliot Abrams/ Council on Foreign Relations – The New State Department Assault on Israel submitted byGrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Ron Fournier/The Atlantic – Why Can’t Hillary Stop Lying submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Victor Davis Hanson –A Convention of the Absurd submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Wayne Gruden/Townhall–Why voting for Trump is a morally good choice submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Daily Mail –This is Why We Hate You submitted by The Razor
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Justin Raimondo/L.A. Times – To fight Trump, journalists have dispensed with objectivity submitted by The Watcher
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. And stay tuned for a major announcement from the Watcher’s Council!
Remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.